BCDT is working alongside North Ayrshire Council and the Garnock Valley Locality Partnership to launch a community hub web and mobile app. This fantastic new communication tool will provide the Garnock Valley with a central hub for information and activities, the ability for businesses and groups to send free push notifications and emails to the mobile phones of community members, and a forum to communicate – all in the one place.
To celebrate the upcoming app and to generate some great photography to support the app development we are launching a community photography competition. We want the app and website to showcase the Garnock Valley and imagery is a great way to do this. Your brief is simply to capture life in the Garnock Valley.
There are just a few conditions, we need your images to be at least 5MB in size and landscape in orientation.
The competition will launch on September 2nd, 2020 and will close on October 31st, 2020. We want to see your photographs of the local community, so as long as it’s in the Garnoch Valley and it’s a great picture you can enter it!
The prizes on offer are:
- 1st Prize: App header shot – £100 Loch House gift card
- Two runner ups: Homepage banners – £50 Roebank Beith gift card.
Should you wish to submit an entry into this fantastic competition, entries must be submitted via email by emailing email@example.com. Unfortunately, we cannot consider entries submitted other than by email. Images submitted must be large enough to be placed online without blurring. We will accept a maximum of ten images per person. More information can be viewed in the Terms and Conditions below.
To enter, send your best images now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all.
- Draw closes at 23:59 on October 31st, 2020.
- Entries received after the closing date and time will not be counted.
- Entries should be submitted via email by emailing email@example.com. The title and location at which the image was taken must be included in the email otherwise entries will not be considered.
- Entrant’s contact details must also be included in entry email(s), this includes full name, email address, phone number, and home address.
- Images submitted must be large enough to be placed online without blurring, 5MB minimum. We will accept a maximum of ten images per person.
- Entries must showcase the best of life in the Garnoch Valley and can contain any aspect of life.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe on the copyright of any third party or laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright of the images remains with the entrant and, where possible, will be credited. You grant Beith Community Development Trust a worldwide license in perpetuity to reproduce your photographs in any medium and for usage in marketing materials.
- Entries will be selected by BCDT employees and volunteers.
- A selection of images from email entries will be showcased on the BCDT Facebook page each week for promotional purposes only.
- Entries deemed as spam or as containing inappropriate content will be withdrawn from the competition.
- No responsibility can be taken for any entries that are lost or delayed or which are unable to be sent due to internet connection issues, systems failure, or anything else which prevents entries from being received.
- The prize value of the competition is as follows: £100 of Loch House gift card for the header photo winner and two runners up prizes of £50 Roebank gift card.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternative prize is available. In the event of circumstances out with our control, BCDT reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners will be notified within 28 days of the closing date. BCDT’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize must be accepted within 28 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the prize and another winner will be drawn from all entries received from an independent judging panel.
- BCDT employees and their families are permitted to enter.
- Your details will not be passed onto a third party in any circumstances.
- This competition is operated by Beith Community Development Trust, Geilsland Estate, Geilsland Road, Beith, KA15 1HD